Job Opening - Inside Sales/Customer Service Rep
The Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative for the Ohio Product department will work with members of the Inside and Outside Sales team, to grow existing customers, create new customer relationships and meet and/or exceed monthly sales budgets at an appropriate margin, while increasing customer satisfaction. Process orders, quotes and keep customers informed. Will handle shipping and receiving operations while creating and maintaining all appropriate documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify customer needs and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Refer customers to appropriate departments, salespeople or offices for additional assistance when necessary, with follow-up to ensure proper connections.
- Create and process orders, requests for quotes, product bid requests and lead-time requests received by telephone, fax, e-mail or from the online store.
- Input of sales orders, purchase orders, and shipping and receiving data.
- Monitor order progress and promptly communicate any necessary information to the customer.
- Support outside sales in processing orders, quotes and contacting vendors for necessary information.
- Collect and verify customer contact information to ensure the company’s databases are accurate and up-to-date, bringing any issues to marketing and accounts receivables’ attention.
- Assist walk-in customers as needed.
- Help with Vincent Lighting’s online store to ensure orders are processed and customers’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Assist the Product Manager with setting and maintaining product warehouse standard stocking levels.
- Upon generation of picking sheets, pull from stock, pack, seal, label and prepare orders for shipping.
- Assist other departments in preparing packages and appropriate documentation for shipping.
- Create and maintain proper documentation and tracking of shipments in and out of the company.
- Receive and unload all incoming packages either manually or with a pallet jack; inspect packages to ensuring items have not been damaged in transit; verify all packing slips to purchase orders to ensure all items have been received prior to delivering internally; stock shelves with newly received products and rotate inventory.
- Assist with product inventory and reconciliation on a bi-annual basis.
- Process customer literature requests and follow up on customer response surveys.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
- A technical theatre or production background with a working knowledge of lighting basics is required.
- Must have excellent inside sales and customer service experience.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) are a must.
- Must have good PC based computer skills (Microsoft Office). Previous experience with Sage 100 ERP and Sage CRM are a plus.
- Must be highly organized and efficient with good attention to details.
- Requires physical activity, frequent standing and walking throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift and move 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Previous shipping and receiving experience is preferred.
Send resume and cover letter to: Walt Weber, Vincent Lighting Systems, 1420 Jamike Ave Ste 1, Erlanger, KY 41018, Fax 859-525-2050 or email us at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Vincent Lighting Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.