A full-time position to assist the Production Manager with the planning and execution of production work, and to assist the Rental Shop Manager with equipment preparation and repair. This is a hands-on, detail-oriented position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in production work (load-in, run, strike).
- Implement Production Manager/client’s vision. Some design responsibility required.
- Create and complete load list.
- Delivery of orders, mostly local but with occasional overnight trips when necessary.
- Supervise and assist the production shop staff with accurate pulling and thorough testing of all equipment prior to shipment.
- Help load and unload trucks.
- Work with the Rental Shop Manager to maintain a neat, orderly and safe working environment in the production shop.
- Assist other departments when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and qualifications:
- A BA or BFA in theatre is preferred, but not required.
- All employees interact with clients, excellent customer service skills and professional appearance and demeanor are a must.
- Two years practical experience with theatrical lighting, especially fixtures and portable dimming systems, is required.
- Moving light repair, maintenance, and programming experience (VL, Clay Paky, Hog, MA) preferred.
- Must have PC based computer skills (Microsoft Office, Vectorworks).
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Touring or “road house” experience is desirable.
- Basic rigging and carpentry skills are a plus.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record are required.
- Must possess, or be physically fit to obtain, a Medical Card and meet DOT requirements for driving a commercial motor vehicle.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Vincent Lighting Systems
6161 Cochran Rd Ste D
Solon, OH 44139
Email us: email@example.com
No Phone Calls Please.
Vincent Lighting Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.