Type in the item you’d like to search for below
SERVICE TECHNICIAN—Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky
SUMMARY: A full-time technical position for field service coverage in the US Midwest Region. Will provide testing and energizing control systems supplied by Vincent Lighting Systems; bench repair of electrical and electronic equipment, as well as in-field service. Provide customer support via phone or in person; execute equipment designs for Project and Product Sales. This position requires excellent customer service skills. It will be based in our Cincinnati (Erlanger, Kentucky) office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide proper operation of lighting control equipment and be able to communicate with employees and customers regarding proper operation.
- Provide inside support coordination and technical assistance for the outside technicians and sales offices.
- Coordinate calendar and priority of work assignments with service administrator and project manager.
- Execute custom work orders, repairs, and system turn-ons as assigned by the service administrator and project managers.
- Coordinate as-built engineering documents with the Field Service Coordinator and Project Manager.
- Answer technical questions regarding the proper installation and use of VLS provided lighting equipment by installing contractors and end-users.
- Maintain proper records and files for:
- All equipment that needs or has been repaired by the service department.
- Project systems service activity.
- Technical and engineering drawings and information.
- Service department inventory of parts, swap out and repair equipment, supplies and tools.
- Work with outside vendors to arrange for parts, supplies and additional repair services.
- Initiate customer billing for service department activities.
- Make recommendations for the purchase of supplies, equipment, and vendors for the department to the Field Service Coordinator.
- Travel throughout a 5-state area as well as occasional nationwide travel.
- Assist in the design, engineering and fabrication of new equipment and devices that Vincent Lighting Systems may provide for their systems.
- Provide for a timely repair of Vincent Lighting Systems’ and customers’ equipment.
- Perform other duties and assigned and directed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor of Arts in Technical Theatre or degree from a certified electronics school is desirable.
- Must have 1-2 years in electronic and electrical repair.
- Must have good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must have excellent customer service skills (both written and verbal).
- Must have good organizational skills, being prompt and accurate in submitting service reports, invoicing as well as monthly expense reports.
- Must be able to travel throughout a 5-state area as well as occasional nationwide travel.
- Working knowledge of lighting systems and their proper application is strongly desirable.
- Previous knowledge and experience of proper operation of lighting control equipment is strongly preferred.
- ETCP (Entertainment Technical Certification Program) Certified Entertainment Electrician is a plus.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to: Walt Weber, General Manager, Vincent Lighting Systems, 1420 Jamike Ave. #1 Erlanger, KY 41018 or email email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Vincent Lighting Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.