Kentucky Repair Team
Matt joined Vincent Lighting Systems in 1998 as Service Technician, where he provides expert repair and training in Ohio, Kentucky and everywhere in between. Before joining our staff, Matt earned a BFA in theatre lighting and design at Northern Kentucky University and spent five years working sound and lighting for a wide variety of shows at Kings Island. In 2016, Matt earned his ETCP - Entertainment Electrician Certification. The Entertainment Technician Certification Program (ETCP) is an industry-wide program to recognize those who demonstrate both knowledge and experience in different areas, including entertainment electrician, arena-rigging and arena-theatre.
Ed Larkin was born and raised in Saint Mary’s, Ohio. He graduated from the University of Dayton, with a degree in Communications, with an emphasis in Theatre, and gained experience in lighting working for both Cedar Point and Norwegian Cruise Lines. In 2013, Ed earned his Pyro Technician Certification with the State of Ohio. He first became familiar with Vincent Lighting Systems, while he was the Technical Director for Lima Civic Center. In January 2016, Ed came onboard with VLS as Service Technician.
We asked Ed what his favorite part of his job as Service Technician was, he told us he really likes the repair work, because he enjoys tinkering around and fixing things. One of Ed’s favorite projects so far, has been the Towers at Old Saint George (Crossroads Church – Uptown), because “… that’s just not something you see a lot. The lighting really worked out well, it’s unique and looks very cool at night, and the view wasn’t bad either.”
Random Fun Facts
- Not only is Ed a proud University of Dayton Alumni, he is an active member of the UD alumni marching band.
- Ed was Dodgeball Champion in high School.
- When Ed has downtime, he likes to sit back and play his guitar. As a matter of fact, Ed passed up a chance to purchase a Jackson Red Warrior guitar, and has regretted it ever since.
Service Bench Technician
A native of Cincinnati, Jacob found his love for working in theatre during high school. His first production behind the scenes was for Steel Magnolias. Prior to joining Vincent Lighting, he worked for DirectTV. He worked part-time for VLS before joining our staff full-time in 2011 as Production Specialist. In 2012, he became a Service Technician, where he earned praises at helping to diagnose and fix customers' lighting systems. In 2015, Jake was promoted to Rental Shop Manager, where he coordinates our rental inventory, vehicles and labor. In his spare time, Jacob volunteers for his alma mater as Technical Director. He also enjoys announcing sporting events for his high school.
Random Fun Facts
- If he could make a living doing anything, Jacob would love to be a professional announcer.
- He also enjoys playing sports, fishing and going four-wheeling.
- He had a close encounter of the celebrity kind with Barry Larkin.
- When asked what his favorite gel color is, his response was, “What is gel? We have LEDs.”