Ohio Product Team
A Northeast Ohio native, John studied technical theatre at Kent State University and Baldwin Wallace College. He sharpened his skills working for Berea Summer Theatre and Karamu House. A great job offer took John out of Ohio, where he spent a good part of his career in the rigging industry. He settled into the Finger Lakes region of New York.
Ultimately wanting to return to his hometown, John accepted the position for inside sales at VLS in May 2011 and was promoted to Product Manager in May 2014. He enjoys being able to take care of fulfilling customers’ product orders, but John’s favorite part of the job is being part of a creative process to help our customers find solutions to their lighting challenges and create interesting lighting effects, with items such as gel, gobos and fog.
Random Fun Facts
- John’s dry sense of humor and quick wit will most certainly catch you off-guard, laughing.
- John met his future wife, Renee, at Kent State University.
- Before coming to VLS, John managed a winery! Of course we had to ask: his favorite wine is an Italian red, Brunello di Montalcino.
Inside Sales Representative
Mandalyn Stevens joined the VLS Product Team as an Inside Sales Representative in July of 2017. Mandi was born and raised in Brunswick, Ohio. During high school, she had an opportunity to do a “Freshman One-Acts” show, where the seniors directed freshmen, to get them involved in the theatre department. It worked; Mandi quickly fell in love with the theatre.
Mandi received her Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre from The Ohio State University and a Masters in Fine Arts in Technical Theatre and Design Technology at Florida Atlantic University. She has put her degrees to good use in numerous community theatres, obtaining experience as Master Electrician, Lighting and Sound Technician, Wardrobe Head, Properties Assistant and Lighting Designer, Assistant Stage Manager and Stage Manager, to name a few.
Although Mandi is new to Vincent Lighting Systems, she is very familiar with both our product and rental department. Mandi said that she “has worked all around Cleveland, and Vincent is just a staple in our theatre community.” Her VLS schedule allows her to continue honing her production skills at various local theatres.
Mandi works hard, but loves when she has free time to relax with her cats, Brutus, Buttercup and Buddy, while watching cooking shows. From time to time, Mandi likes to binge watch serial killer documentaries because she’s fascinated at the psychology of what makes them commit such heinous crimes. Her go to binge food is chips and salsa.
Random Fun Facts
- Mandi is the first in her family to graduate high school, college and graduate school.
- While at OSU, Mandi had an opportunity to be a TV Production Assistant for the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
- Mandi’s favorite gel color is R39, Skelton Exotic Sangria, because it’s such an interesting color and it just so happens to be her preferred drink of choice.