Ohio Production & Rental Team
Christopher Shick was brought into the Vincent Lighting fold back in 1986, when VLS was trying to gain ground in growing our rental business. Chris’ primary goal was to make it work. And he did. Chris’ sharp business mind and a relentless focus to exceed customer expectations by providing amazing lighting not only grew the rental side of the business, but expanded our offerings into production services, where our company comes in and handles all aspects of the lighting for the event or show. Our customers love his work and his dedication to making their event successful.
Sean Mangan hails from Hicksville, Long Island, New York. He’s been in the entertainment industry since the age of five, appearing as Little Tulsa in a production of Gypsy. One of his first experiences working behind the scenes was running followspot … at about 7 years old! He later ran follow spot at Studio 54.
Sean earned a BFA in Technical Theatre from Florida State University. He arrived in Cleveland by way of Chicago. Prior to joining us, he was working at Sears, in the power tools department (Sean does a great impression of Tim the Tool Man Taylor’s grunt here). In 1996, Sean started freelancing for VLS, and shortly thereafter, was hired full-time as rental manager. Doing exactly what he loves doing, Sean enjoys working on all types of productions; he loves the variety.
Random Fun Facts
- Sean went to the same high school as Billy Joel; only a decade apart.
- He loves being outdoors: camping, skiing, hiking, canoeing, pretty much anything.
- He recently took up photography and is really good at it.
- Sean’s life revolves around his three children … and a love for animals. The two may be related.
- If you visit our Cleveland office and hear singing, chances are that it’s Sean. He has a song for everything.
A native of Alliance, Ohio, Derek found his way into theatre a bit by accident. He was originally pursuing electronic media, but when he took acting and lighting classes, he was hooked. Derek graduated from Kent State University with a BA in Theatre. He joined Vincent Lighting Systems in 2006 as a production specialist.
In 2010, Derek was promoted to production manager, where he works closely with our customers to provide exactly the right lighting for their events, as well as coordinates our production staff to make sure that each event runs seamlessly. His hard work and talent result in countless customer compliments and kudos.
Random Fun Facts
- Derek has a well-rounded list of experiences and interests, including construction, food service and retail; he has also worked as a multimedia consultant.
- Derek loves many different types of sports, including golf, basketball or just going to the gym.
- In his spare time, his life revolves around spending time with his family.
- Unless you are a pro, don’t go against Derek in a bowling match. In our last VLS bowling outing, we hear that Derek took it easy on the rest of the staff. And still came out the winner.
Rental Shop Manager
Born and raised in Fremont, Ohio, JT’s first experience working behind the scenes was in high school, doing a production of Godspell. He attended Wright State University and upon graduation in 2007, we snatched him up to fill a job opening at VLS. As rental shop manager, JT has the complex task of coordinating the logistics and details of equipment, transportation and personnel on a variety of productions happening at all hours of the day and night.
In 2013, JT earned his ETCP-Entertainment Electrician certification. The Entertainment Technician Certification Program (ETCP) is an industry-wide program to recognize those who demonstrate both knowledge and experience in different areas, including entertainment electrician, arena-rigging and arena-theatre.
Random Fun Facts
- In his precious little free time, JT’s life revolves around his family. And sleep.
- JT loves off-roading and camping.
- If he could make a living doing anything, JT would try his hand at being a restaurant chef.
Assistant Rental Shop Manager
Tori got her start in theatre acting in high school plays. But her first experience behind-the-scenes was in college, as part of the costume crew for Comedy of Errors. A North Olmsted, Ohio native, Tori majored in in Technical Theatre at Bowling Green State University, where she received a Bachelor of Arts in Communication.
Tori interned in stage management at Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor, NY, but soon returned to her hometown, where she started with VLS, first part-time working productions. She joined our staff full-time as assistant rental shop manager in 2010.
Random Fun Facts
- Tori connected to VLS through an employee in our Cincinnati office, who she knew from college.
- Tori enjoys being outdoors, especially camping, hiking, boating and downhill skiing.
- She has a love for Indy Car racing.
Adam Feig joined the staff at Vincent Lighting in 2007, after earning a BFA in Theatre Design and Production from the University of Cincinnati. Adam works tirelessly to design, plan, install, run and strike lights for a variety of productions at all hours of the day and night. His efforts don’t go unnoticed; he receives numerous commendations from our clients on both his talent and his professionalism.
Adam is one of two technicians at VLS – and one of just a handful in the US -- who are ETCP triple-certified. The Entertainment Technician Certification Program (ETCP) is an industry-wide program to recognize those who demonstrate both knowledge and experience in different areas, including entertainment electrician, arena-rigging and arena-theatre.
Kristin Jones joined VLS in 2013. As Production Specialist, she works tirelessly to design, plan, install, run and strike lights for a variety of productions at all hours of the day and night. Kristin also works to keep our equipment in top working condition.
Scott Latham joined the staff at Vincent Lighting in 2011 as Production Specialist and has received numerous commendations and compliments from our clients. Scott works tirelessly to design, plan, install, run and strike lights for a variety of productions at all hours of the day and night. His talent and professionalism shine through his work.
Scott is one of two technicians at VLS – and one of just a handful in the US – who are ETCP triple-certified. The Entertainment Technician Certification Program (ETCP) is an industry-wide program to recognize those who demonstrate both knowledge and experience in different areas, including entertainment electrician, arena-rigging and arena-theatre.
Dylan Mc Farland
Born in Euclid and raised in Eastlake, Ohio, Dylan got his start in the Eastlake North High School theatre, volunteering as a stage manager, lighting designer, light board operator, audio engineer and in set construction. When Dylan wasn’t studying or helping in the theatre department, you could also find him running audio for the school’s a cappella group. Upon graduation, Dylan headed off to Bowling Green State University, where he earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre with a specialization in Design and Technical Theatre.
With Dylan’s father working for a production company, “Vincent Lighting” was a household name in the McFarland family. In the fall of 2015, Dylan heard of an opening in the production department and joined the VLS team. Dylan’s favorite part of his job “is working with an up-to-date, top of the line, ever evolving rental inventory.” One of his most memorable events, so far, was the Cannon Ball 2016, “because it was right after I completed my Philips Vari-Lite training and certification and was able to put all of my new-found knowledge to the test.”
When Dylan has some free time at home, he loves to work on home improvement or home décor projects because it’s a great creative outlet, which also lets him use the carpentry skills he learned in college.
Random Fun Facts
- Dylan is an avid Marvel Cinematic Universe lover and has been known to marathon it on more than one occasion.
- What does Dylan and the 16th President of the United States of America, Abraham Lincoln, have in common? They were both born on February 12th. Like President Lincoln, Dylan also has a great sense of humor.
- Dylan is proud and honored to have achieved the highest rank attainable in the Boy Scouts of America: the Eagle Scout. This required him to earn a minimum 21 merit badges, lead a service project which would leave a lasting impact on the community, as well as demonstrate Scout Spirit, service and leadership, all by the age of 18.
Chris Meyers started with Vincent Lighting Systems in 2013 and became a full time Production Specialist in May 2016. He is a Cleveland native, and a graduate of Baldwin-Wallace University with a Degree in Technical Theatre. He began in high school theatre, but quickly branched out and his designs and work have been seen at many local theaters including Rabbit Run Theater, The Willoughby Fine Arts Association, Lake Erie College, The Cleveland Institute of Music, Near West Theater, and Cleveland Public Theatre, among others. Chris received his Vari*Lite service certification in February 2016.
Random Fun Facts
- Chris is an avid comedy aficionado and enjoys nothing more than making someone laugh. He is trained in both short and long form improv comedy.
- Chris is also a huge fan of Cleveland sports and Disney.
Nathan Rosmarin started with Vincent Lighting Systems in 2018 as a full time Production Specialist. Nathan graduatated Magna Cum Laude from Kent State University, where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts, with a consentration in Theatre Management.
June Scherrer has a good background in the event planning industry. In fact, she was minding her own business, working for a close colleague, when she was wooed away by VLS to keep the Rental department organized. In 2008, June started with VLS as Rental Administrator. Good thing she did: because of her skills, the rental managers are still employed and our production department is highly productive.