Ohio Project Team
Steve Arnold joined the VLS projects department in October of 2017, as an Account Manager in our Cleveland office, with a focus on Houses of Worship and Museums.
Steve understands churches and their ministry needs, and creates custom worship environments, whether large or small. He also specializes in exhibit and “architainment” lighting for specialty venues such as museums, aquariums, and theme parks. He won two Worship FX awards in 2009 for best LED architectural lighting product and best overall lighting product. Steve considers long-term relationships with clients of utmost importance and makes himself available for on-going training and support.
Steve is a proud member of the NACDB, the National Association of Church Design Builders, a nationwide association of construction-related committed specialists in consulting, designing and building churches. All NACDB members are vetted and board approved, who have proven years of experience in the church building market and believe in the mission of church building being built around ministry.
Nick DeMore joined the VLS projects department in June of 2017 as Outside Sales Representative for our Cleveland office.
A native of northeast Ohio, Nick was raised in Eastlake, where he graduated from North High School. He graduated summa cum laude with a BS in Business Management and Leadership from Capella University.
Nick brings over 20 years of sales and client management experience in the event technology industry to his current position as Outside Sales Representative for Vincent Lighting Systems. As Director of Event Technology, Regional Operations Manager and Regional Vice President for three national event technology companies, he has managed many successful ventures, including organizing logistics, staffing and equipment procurement. He has also coordinated technical logistics for some of Cleveland’s largest conventions and premier social events. These responsibilities have provided him with in-depth knowledge and skills to understand the workings of lighting systems, as well as expertise to lead teams to get projects and productions up and running within schedule. His talents have proved valuable to many of our northeast Ohio clients, to ensure their new and renovated lighting systems are successfully implemented.
Random Fun Facts
- Nick and his wife Lisa were married in 1999 at Walt Disney World. Lisa is a nurse at Metro Health Center. They have two boys and between hockey, lacrosse, baseball, cross country and competitive breakdancing they are always on the go.
- A few years ago, the DeMore family rescued a mixed lab named Lucky, who is full of love and personality. He truly is LUCKY: not only was he saved by a loving family, the veterinarian said Lucky was once shot in the hip, where the bullet is still lodged (Nick denies having any role in the shooting of their family’s pet).
- Nick enjoys listening to all types of rock music. He is a huge Black Sabbath fan and would argue that “they are easily the most important and influential rock band, period” (and yes, he’s a Beatles and Led Zeppelin fan).
- A Cleveland boy at heart, Nick is a Cleveland Browns fan first and foremost followed by the “rest of them” (Indians, Cavs and the OSU Buckeyes). He loves NHL hockey especially the playoffs.
- Nick loves conspiracies, not because he believes in all of them, but mostly because he’s fascinated by the people that believe in them. That being said, if Nick could go back in time he would like to meet Neil Armstrong to ask if “we really landed on the moon?”
Outside Sales and Creative Solutions
In July of 2018, Matt Hazard joined the VLS team as Outside Sales and Creative Solutions. Based in greater Columbus, Matt's focused on supporting clients and developing business for theaters, churches, schools and architectural lighting environments in central Ohio.
Most recently, Matt was the Lighting Studio Manager at The Ohio State University, where he earned his BA and MFA. Matt is an ETCP-Certified Entertainment Electrician and a member of IATSE local 12.
Project Department Manager
Lance Switzer has been involved in acting and technical work since he was a kid growing up in Parma, Ohio. When he was just twelve, he did lighting for a children’s theatre show. After graduation, Lance got a job as technical director for his old high school, then worked with community theatre.
Later, Lance was producer for various business theatre/special event companies, including CineCraft, Creative Production Services and EDR Media; which made Lance a long-time customer of VLS. In 2001, Lance joined our ranks as Project Manager; in 2007, he was promoted to Project Department Manager.
Lance’s favorite type of production to work on are musicals because they contain lots of lighting cues, after all! His favorite gel color is Rosco 53 Pale Lavender; by controlling the intensity, the color is versatile enough to be used for anything.
Random Fun Facts
- Lance enjoys visiting wineries, antique car museums and learning about astronomy.
- He loves all types of classic architecture, with Frank Lloyd Wright being a favorite.
- He has met three of his four favorite celebrities: William Shatner, Jonathan Frid and Vincent Price.
- Lance was a professional motion picture projectionist and radio station engineer out of high school.
Robert Uhl was born and raised in Temperance, Michigan, a little town just outside of Toledo, Ohio. He attended University of Toledo and in his sophomore year, he took Intro to Light and Sound for Theatre. It was an instant attraction. Bob’s first show working backstage was running the sound board for a children’s show. He graduated with a BFA in Theatre Design and Technology, and went on to earn his MFA in Lighting and Sound Design from University of Arizona.
After graduation, Bob worked at the University of South Carolina and Ohio University, both as Assistant Technical Director. In 2007, he answered a job opening ad that we had placed in ArtSearch magazine and was hired as Project Manager.
Bob enjoys working on dance productions most, because the designer is not restrained by standard conventions for lighting. The lighting designer can experiment with color, angle and texture. Bob is a long-time fan of Roscolux 339 Broadway Pink gel. It is an exciting, saturated Pink/Violet color.
Random Fun Facts
- When Bob lived in Los Angeles, he used to go to Dorothy MacGuire’s mansion in Beverly Hills to help do work around the house and have dinner.
- Bob loves to cook and would love to own and run his own restaurant.
- He met James Earl Jones backstage at the Emmy’s.
- Outside of work, his life revolves around his family and friends. He also likes to read thriller novels.